
Opportunity #2: http://www.wsj.com/articles/oil-prices-poised-to-hit-sweet-spot-for-global-economy-1464286482
This article is about oil prices, which for the first time in the past decade are about to hit a price point that is cheap enough for consumers to want to spend the money and also expensive enough that producers are able continue business. The problem lies in that oil companies are still planning on cutting back on investments and hiring because they are not making enough money for growth. An opportunity exists because oil companies want to keep oil at the current price point but need more people to start purchasing oil again. Because oil is so cheap, it would be beneficial for carmakers to make cheaper cars that run on gas, instead of trying to move all of their manufacturing to more expensive cars that rely on solely electricity or hybrid engines. This would bring more people to the gas pump and could potentially bring oil producers to a point where they can start to invest again while continuing to charge at the current price point. This may be difficult to exploit because consumers only want prices to go lower and producers only want to grow. I believe this opportunity exists because I know that oil is still the most heavily used source of energy and while I know it is important to save our resources, I think it is also important to maintain a lower cost of living. This can only happen if costs are kept constant instead of entering into a rising trend.
Opportunity #3: http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/04/13/the-economy-grew-last-year-but-poor-americans-needed-more-charity/
This article from the New York Times is about the recent growth in both the economy and the amount of charity needed my Americans across the nation. I believe there is an opportunity here because people have an unmet need for assistance. The upper class continues to grow in wealth, but the lower and middle class continue to rely more and more on assistance. This creates an opportunity for a business that could pay people to do services for those needing help around them. Although this may not be an extremely profitable venture, it could make a difference for everyone involved and could even allow the middle and lower classes to grow as well. This opportunity would be difficult to exploit because it would require quite a high amount of investment and a low expectation for much profit at all. I believe this opportunity exists because I have passion for helping people and would love to be in a situation where I could create an actual business that did just that by providing jobs as well as cheap services for those in need,
Opportunity #4: http://www.ibtimes.com/tsa-airport-wait-times-one-big-reason-why-lines-are-getting-longer-security-2374070
This article from the International Business Times talks about how security lines at TSA checkpoints in America have become disastrous in the last year. The problem is that there has been a rise in passengers but no rise in TSA security officers. I believe this provides an opportunity for more efficient and technologically advanced screening equipment that could be developed. The typical customer in this situation would be agencies such as TSA who must invest in better equipment. This is probably an easier opportunity to exploit because there hasn't very many advancements in recent years although technology continues to become exponentially powerful. I can personally see how this opportunity exists because I love to travel and find myself stuck in these checkpoints on average five times a year. It is an unmeet need that I know applies to myself and millions of other people across the nation who are flying through major airports.
On the regulation on drones that is going to be interesting to see how that plays out. It is growing in popularity very quickly so it will be interesting to see if and how they will regulate it because it will come with a lot of backlash. With the opportunity for car manufactuers to build more fuel efficient cars that is an interesting opportunity you saw there with connecting it with oil prices, I do see what you mean but do keep in mind hybrid and electric cars are becoming the future movement now in the automotive world. Interesting view point regarding the opportunity to help with the lower and middle class, I do agree it will take someone who is willing to risk a lot for little return. And with the TSA getting better equipment I see that is the way to go instead of hiring more personnel.
ReplyDelete