I read the biography about Steve Jobs for this post. The most surprising fact I found about Steve Jobs was that his entire venture was originally started in a garage in Pasadena. What is now the Mac originally began as a circuitboard that was designed and manufactured with Wozniak right out of a garage. From that point on, the Mac line of products exploded and grew into what Apple exists as today. I truly admire Steve Jobs because after all he went through, he continued to push forward and stay on top. When the Apple board of directors kicked Jobs out of his own company, Steve chose not to quit, he moved on to a new computer business and even helped the creation of Pixar. Several years later Jobs was put back on top at Apple. The only thing I disliked about Jobs was how cruel he could be towards his employees. In one instance he actually screamed at an Apple designer because of the way a particular font appeared.
2) Competencies of the Entrepreneur
Steve Jobs did not have extensive technical knowledge, yet he was CEO of the world's best know computer company for years and years. This was because Jobs is hardworking and never knows when to quit. His biggest competency was his sharp eye for design. The products he was making didn't look like a giant plastic box, it actually brought design and beauty to the technical world.
3) I'm Confused
If there was any part of the reading that was confusing, it was all the different relationships that Jobs had with in his personal and professional life. He went through several breakups in his life but they all seemed to be over questionable reasons. He even had a falling out with his start-up partner, Wozniak, over several different issues.4) Two Questions
The first question I would ask Jobs is, "What made you enter the world of computers and programming in the first place?". Throughout the book, it never became obvious why Jobs entered this business in the first place, it almost seemed as if he was just taking advantage of Wozniak and the opportunities presented.
The second question I would ask is, "What made you continue in the world of computers after being forced to leave from Apple?". I would ask this questions because I found it impressive that being kicked out of his own company did not stop Jobs from being successful.
5) Hard Work
I believe that Jobs had a strong belief in hard work. Everything Jobs did was based on handwork. Jobs, in fact, may have been a little over focused on hard work because he worried about every single detail and could actually be cruel to his employees. I share the opinion that had work is important, but not to the point that people get hurt or fired over small little details.
No comments:
Post a Comment