1) This past summer has definitely brought several new experiences that I had never before expected. One failure this summer was actually during a job interview that I had. It was just for a seasonal position for a tourism company in Orlando. I had spent about an hour filling out the online application and then got an in-person interview. I went to the interview and answered all the questions. Apparently, during the interview, I had contradicted information about my availability and the next thing to happen was that the recruiter said they can't hire someone who lied during the hiring process.
2) Although a small mistake on my application over what hours I could work should not have led to me being labeled as liar, I think it is safe to say that this was a failure. In this instance, I learned the importance of double checking job applications and any other important documents.
3) It was especially embarrassing to find myself being called a liar by an employee for the company that I wanted to work for. It definitely made me think twice for any future job applications that I have had to do. When I face failure, I usually don't really react behaviorally but I do feel a little emotionally down. After some time, however, I am usually quick to come back with the expectation to do even better. This class has shown me that failure is a good thing that everyone can learn from. Failure in many ways can be the only way to get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment