How I feel about myself that makes me different:
1) I am very focused on details. I wouldn't go as far to say that I am a perfectionist but I do believe that whenever I am responsible for something that I make sure all of my work is up to certain standards. Sometimes the little details can make huge differences.
2) I am always setting goals for everything that I do. It has gotten to the point where my family and friends have actually made fun of how I approach the goals I set. It seems like have goals for everything I do, especially in work and and school.
3) I am very good at envisioning what I want my future to look like. Ever since I was a little kid I have known exactly what I wanted to be and how it is I should get there.
4) I have always believed that it is important to be kind to be everyone. You never know what opportunities the people around you can bring you and its important to treat everyone with respect. I try and make sure to follow this with every person I meet and talk to.
5) I have a strong passion for tourism. I love living in Orlando and seeing tourists experience new things that they will remember for the rest of their life. Even though I am studying mechanical engineering, I hope to use my skills in the future to create more state-of-the-art experiences for thousands of people to come.
Interviews:
1st Interview with Austin: https://soundcloud.com/user-443175550/160702-0015a
Austin said that he thought my loyalty stood out from other people. His main point was that I notice every single details and observant with everything in my life. He even went as far to say that I am trusting, extremely smart, and very thorough. (Ignore the comments about the Puerto Rican soda, its amazing, just take my word for it)
2nd Interview with Ethan: https://soundcloud.com/user-443175550/160702-0016a
Ethan started with how I am able to remain focused in all situations like driving or watching lectures. He also said that I am able to understand people very well to the point where I actually got to see what people were really like "behind the scenes" in many different occasions. He also said that I am able work and understand new material easily and quickly.
3rd Interview with Jayleen: https://soundcloud.com/user-443175550/160702-0014a
Jayleen said that I was kind to everyone, mature for my age, and that I am willing to go out of my way to help others.
4th Interview with my Dad: https://soundcloud.com/user-443175550/160702-0013a
My dad said that I set my goals early and was easily able to visualize what I want to do. He continued to say how I am extremely focused on details and planning important things out. He finished talking about my sense of humor and how it can actually help me in the future. He also added in the end about how mature I always was growing up.
5th Interview with my Grandparents: https://soundcloud.com/user-443175550/160703-0018a
My grandparents said that I always try my best to make the best use of opportunities in my life. They said that I always do what is correct and that I make goals for myself. They also talked about working hard and taking risks.
Similarities between the interviews and what I thought:
The people that I interviewed for the most part talked about things that I had already thought of myself. It did surprise me how mature and focused on details a lot of the other people had said. It also surprised me to hear my dad talk about my sense of humor and how it can actually help my future in many cases. I specifically like what my dad said about visualizing and I know that it has actually helped me in many cases. I feel like the ability to easily visualize myself in different places and situations is something that many people are not easily able to do.
I think that a combination of a passion for tourism with the details and goals is the most effective in pursuing any venture. Passion alone won't do much, so remembering the more pragmatic things like goal-setting is also important. I'm sure that a background in mechanical engineering will prove useful to your goal. Whenever I think of a combination of tourism and engineering, I think of Walt Disney Imagineering.
ReplyDeleteIt is good that you seem to have a solid understanding not only of yourself but also of how others see you. In a lot of other interviews it looked like people judged themselves much more harshly than they should have and this didn't match up with their loved ones' views of them. Having this self-understanding you have really gives you a level-up on other people because it shows you truly know your strengths and weaknesses without being blinded by any insecurities or humility.
ReplyDeleteOne thing that stood out to me very much was your ability to set goals and stick to them which I feel is a very important ability. With that I feel that you being able to set goals and accomplishing them is something needed to have success in life. And it was also neat to see your passion is something you are aware of and want to do, definitely helps give you a sense of direction of where to look.
ReplyDeleteHey Cruz. It's very important that you stay loyal. I think that would help a lot in the future. Being a loyal person also means that people can sum up the courage to trust in you. And it seems like you can handle a large deal of responsibility with your ability to communicate your visions and stay organized. Those two make a deadly combination (which is really good for you).
ReplyDelete