1) Perseverance is probably the biggest behavior I have used throughout this course so far. There have been times where it can get tough, but the motivation of finishing the class over dropping is far greater. This class asks you to do things you've probably never done before and it can seem impossible to figure out how to approach some of the assignments; however, if you take everything one step at a time it becomes possible.
2) There was really one moment when I felt like I was going to give up on the class. It was when I found out that we had to talk to strangers and interview them almost every single week. I feel like that is not something that is easy to do and I almost wanted to drop the class because of it. After doing the first assignment, I quickly found out that it actually wasn't that bad. The hardest thing about the assignment now is finding time over actually talking to people. I do feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude when it comes to this course mainly because I want to see it through to the end. I do not want to drop the course and give up. This means that I will not be pulled apart before the end of the summer semester.
3) The first tip would be to never let talking to strangers scare you away. These are people you will probably never see again so even if you embarrass yourself a little bit, it ultimately won't matter. The second tip would be to forget about how many points you need to get to reach the grade you want. If you spend so much time on what you need you may miss out on what this course actually has to offer. The third tip would be to apply what your learning to your actual life. This course deals a lot with how to attack your plans and what behaviors an entrepreneur should have, but almost everything you learn can also be applied to other areas of your life.

Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI completely understand your feelings of wanting to drop this course. I too have the same thoughts pop into my head, almost weakly. As with you, I first did not want to take part in the course because of the interviews. It is incredibly intimidating talking to strangers about something you are passionate about. Now that I am over that, I have a hard time finding the time necessary to complete all the interviews. There has been several times where I simply did not do the assignment because I knew there was no way possible for me to conduct all the interviews. And since we do not get credit for only conducting some of the interviews, I simply forgo doing any. I hope the professor will chose a more realistic number of people to interview, or at the very least, tell us on day 1 that we will have no life if we do all his assignments.
Hi Chris! Well done on staying in the class and persevering. It sounds like you have really benefited from staying because you are now able to do something you never really thought you could do-- talk to random strangers each week about these topics. I think you made some great tips-- a lot of times we focus far too much on the grade and not the material we are trying to learn. It would be more beneficial if we took a step back and focused on the material and not the scores. Great job!
ReplyDelete